The Showmanship Contest at the Arizona National Livestock Show rewards outstanding junior exhibitors, and provides an opportunity to both learn and engage in proper showmanship techniques. Contestants are judged on attitude, exhibitor and animal appearance, correct showmanship techniques, skill and knowledge. Showmanship Division winners are eligible, and required, to compete in the Master Showmanship competition.
- Beef: for Market Steer and Junior Heifer show entries
- Prospect Cattle: for Prospect Cattle show entries (not eligible for Master Showmanship)
- Sheep: for Market Wether and Breeding Ewe show entries
- Goat: for Market Goat and Meat Goat Breeding Doe show entries
- Swine: for Market Barrow and Breeding Gilt show entries
Entry Deadline: December 1
Entry Fee: $15
Late Entries: $30
Exhibitor eligibility, age requirements, age group divisions and contest schedules can be found in the Livestock Show Premium Book. Enter online through the Show Entry Portal.
The Master Showmanship contest showcases multiple proficiencies of a livestock showman.
More information for the Master Showmanship Competition can be found in the Livestock Show Premium Book.