The 19th Annual Arizona Working Ranch Horse Competition, chaired by Kyle Best, provides a contest for horses from Arizona’s working cattle ranches. As they take years to train, ranchers consider their horse a trusted partner in daily duties. Taking great pride in their horse’s abilities, you can bet the competition among the ranchers will be fierce.
Beginning at 10:30 a.m. on December 29 in the Grandstand Arena, each horse and rider will have six minutes to execute a series of events commonly required in everyday ranch work, showcasing abilities to maneuver and work cattle.
Auction and Luncheon
Consignors and buyers for the Ranch Horse Auction, held in conjunction with the Arizona Ranch Replacement Heifer Sale, are treated to a barbecue lunch at noon, hosted by the Arizona Farm Bureau and Farm Bureau Financial, with the sale following at 1:30 p.m.
- Limited to 15 invitation-only working ranch horse entries
- Open to Arizona ranch horses from Arizona-owned ranches
- Titles to Earn
- -Champion Ranch Horse
- -Reserve Champion Ranch Horse
- Jackpot Payout & Auction
- -100% of collected entry fees added to payout jackpot
- -Up to three competing horses will be selected by the committee and offered for sale during the auction