Are you a writer, photographer, videographer, social media practitioner, or livestock enthusiast interested in creating tremendous digital media content?
If so, we want you to join our team.
ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
The Arizona National Livestock and Horse Show Digital Media Internships are for undergraduate juniors and seniors who are interesting in pursuing a career in digital storytelling. We are setting a new precedent for stock show and horse show related content. This means, we work hard, our Spotify playlist is strong, and we make stupendous content.
Ideal intern candidates are remarkable problem solvers, scratch copy editors, have an understanding of design elements across multiple mediums, and can evolve their writing styles to align with our brand guidelines. Additionally, they’re the proud owners of their own laptops and digital camera.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
This role will be focused on creating content for Arizona National’s blog and social properties.
- You will create multiple pieces of short and long-form daily content.
- You will collaborate with the production team on video execution.
- You will be proofreading.
- You will be bringing new ideas to the table and seeing them to fruition.
- You will manage an online community.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Knowledge of Associated Press style.
- You have a special set of skills. We’re not looking for a jack-of-a-trades; however, that would be nice, too. If you’re the proud owner SDLR and shudder at the thought of using the green box, you should tell us.
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- You not only have a personal social media brand, but you also know how to use it.
- You have a solid opinion on the use of an oxford comma.
- You have a running list of font preferences.
- Selected interns will submit four pieces of content (blog posts, GIFS, etc.) between Nov. 1, 2017 – December 15, 2017.
- Flights will be provided:
- Livestock Show Interns: Arrive Tuesday, December 26, 2017; Depart Monday, January 1, 2018
- Horse Show Interns: Arrive Tuesday, January 2, 2017; Depart Sunday, January 7, 2017.
- Housing will be provided.
- $500 Compensation
- Daily food stipend.
To apply, complete the below application, which will be directed to Brooke Clay, internship coordinator, by Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017. Selected interns will be notified by Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2017.
Whether you have a question or a comment, we want to hear from you!