It’s easy to get caught up in the hustle, bustle, and stress of show week. So much happens in just a few days.
While you have a lot on your plate during the show, good sportsmanship and paying it forward will be what people remember most.
Pay it forward? It’s simple. Create a ripple of good deeds and kindness and walk away feeling good about knowing you showed kindness to others.
A few ideas to get started:
- Take an hour during checking/weigh-in day to help others unload.
- Keep your tack area tidy.
- Offer a congratulations (fist bumps work here, too) to your competitors.
- Buy the person behind you in line lunch.
- Introduce yourself to someone new.
- Clean the aisle.
- Offer to carry something for someone who clearly has their hands full.
Taylor Rogers studies agricultural communications at Texas A&M University pursuing a master’s degree. Her ties to agriculture are rooted growing up on her family farm in Mesa, Arizona, and raising show hogs in 4-H and FFA with her siblings.